Commonwealth Scholarships in Low and Middle Income Countries
These Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships allow successful applicants to benefit from the expertise provided by universities in low and middle income countries around the Commonwealth. They are majority funded by the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes in the world. Since its establishment in 1959, it has provided opportunities for over 30,000 citizens to study abroad.
- The scholarships are fully-funded. They provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- They are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level.
We are currently offering 17 scholarships, tenable at ACU member universities in 10 low and middle income Commonwealth countries.
Applications are now open for Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s level study starting in early 2017 in the following countries:
- Papua New Guinea
- South Africa
- South Pacific
- Sri Lanka
What does it cover?
Each award provides:
- Return economy airfare between your home and host countries
- Arrival allowance of $500 USD
- Full tuition fees
- Either a monthly or quarterly living stipend, which should cover living costs, food, and local transport
How to apply:
For full details on how to apply for these scholarships, including the individual application forms for each country, please visit the opportunity provider’s website.