Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB)
The IUB campus sprawling over 3 acres, has an amphitheatre, state-of-the-art laboratories, a well-equipped library with online access to journals and books, above 50 classrooms, lecture galleries, a world-class auditorium, gymnasium, food court, playground, medical centre, counseling centre, students dormitory and an alumni office.
IUB Academic curriculum is based on a North American liberal arts model and the medium of instruction is English. We currently have six academic schools: School of Business, School of Engineering and Computer Science, School of Environmental Sciences and Management, School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, School of Life Sciences and School of Public Health.
- Combined GPA of 8.0 in S.S.C and H.S.C with minimum 3.5 in each.
- O’Level in minimum 5 subjects with a GPA 2.50 and A’Level in 2 subjects with a minimum GPA 2.00
- International Baccalaureate or U. S. High School Diploma
- Other 12 years equivalent degree (must have the equivalence certificate from Ministry of Education)
- Engineering Students must have Math and Physics in their H.S.C. with at least B grade.
- Students applying for Microbiology and Biochemistry must have Biology in their SSC or O-Level with at least B grade.
- Environmental Science students who have taken Chemistry/Physics in S.S.C. or O’Level will get preference.
- Candidates who have appeared in HSC / A’Levels in two subjects may also apply for Autumn 2016 as a ‘Provisional Admission’. They have to submit their satisfactory result before the class starts of Autumn 2016.
There are three academic semesters namely, Autumn, Spring and Summer.
- The admission procedure for Autumn (the beginning of the academic year) starts within the first week of July and ends with the commencement of classes in the first week of September.
- The admission procedure for Spring starts within the first week of November and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of January.
- The admission procedure for Summer takes place in the second week of March and ends with the commencement of classes in the second week of May.
Special Considerations: Exemption from Admission Test
- Minimum SAT-1 score of 1550 and
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based) or
- IELTS score of 5.5
Full Tuition waiver to student with:
- GPA 5.00 in both SSC and HSC (Excluding 4 th subject)
- 7 A’s in O- level (one sitting) and 3 A’s in A-level.
- Top 5% scorers in Admission test will get 100% Scholarship
- Discount on Tuition fee, based on performance in IUB and Financial need.
- 50% financial discount for concurrently admitted siblings & spouse on entry
- Campus job & other Financial Assistance
IUB Financial Aid/Scholarship
Financial Incentive on entry 100% Tuition Fee Waiver
7’A’s in O-Level exams (one sitting) and 3′ A’s in A-Level
GPA 5.00 in both SSC and HSC (excludinding 4th Subject)
Top five percent scorers in IUB admission test will receive full tution fees waiver.
The scholarship will be reviewed in each semester.
12 credit hours are mandatory to earn or receive any kind of tuition fees waiver.
No retake or withdrawn will be accepted.
To retain 100% waiver students must maintain a CGPA of 3.85 otherwise the waiver will be calculated according to IUB waiver scale.
Discount on tuition fees based on performance and financial need
50% financial discount for siblings and spouse
Campus job and others financial assistances
IUB Undergraduate Admission Office
Ground Floor, Plot 16, Block B
Aftabuddin Ahmed Road
Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh
Tel: +88-02-8431645-52, 8432065-75, Ext-1354,1355
Mobile: +8801780185006, Fax: +88-02-8431991
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
IUB Campus address
Independent University, Bangladesh
Plot 16 Block B, Aftabuddin Ahmed Road
Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka, Bangladesh