Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College MBBS Admission and College Information
The Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College is a private medical college in Uttara Model Town, Uttara Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Admission Eligibility and selection criteria :
- Both Bangladesh and Foreign students are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have passed SSC and HSC oquivalent examinations having Physics ,Chemistryand Biology as subjects and at least GPA 9.00 combinedly in SSC and HSC but minimum GPA 3.50 in Biology in HSC.
- Both Bangladeshi and Foreign students having O level and A level or equivalent qualifications have to apply with certificate of equivalence issued from the office of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) of the Government of Bangladesh
- Candidates who have passed SSC or equivalent examination in 2014 or 2015 and HSC or equivalent examination in 2016 or 2017 are eligble to apply. Candidates passed SSC or equivalent Examination before 2014 are not eligible.
- The name of the candidates must be present in the list of eligible candidates published by the office of the DGHS on the basis of the admission test conducted by DGHS and the grade obtained in SSC and HSC or equivalent examinations .
- All tribal and Non-tribal Hill district candidates must have at least GPA 8.00. No application will be considered if the GPA is less then 3.50 in any of the exams.
The main course offered is the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) for 5 years of study. The College follows the curriculum approved by the Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. The courses within are divided into the following subtopics:
Pre-clinical subjects: Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
Pre-clinical subjects: Community medicine, Forensic medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology.
Clinical Subjects: Obstetrics and Gynecology Medicine, Surgery and other related subjects.
Basic medical subjects-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology
Clinical subjects-Medicine including psychiatry and dermatology, Surgery including ophthalmology and otolaryngology and Gynecology and Obstetrics
The College has admitted 17 batches of students since its inception. 12 batches of students have completed their MBBS course. The hospital is situated just besides the college building. It is a 500-bedded hospital with all modern amenities offering emergency, outdoor and indoor services round the clock.
Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College
Flat No-1/C, Road No-19, Sector-11,
Uttara Model Town Uttara, Dhaka-1230,