University of Tokyo 2017 Summer Program Scholarship
The University of Tokyo at the School of Engineering is offering up to 20 Summer Scholarships for international students to Study Abroad. Summer scholarships offer top-class international undergraduate and graduate students a short-term research experience in the basic and translational sciences in our world-leading laboratories.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in the Summer Program from June 26 to August 4, 2017.
Scholarship Award: Stipend: JPY 80,000 (fixed; amount independent of program length) (FUTI recipients ineligible for this stipend)
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements (a-e).
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a UTokyo partner university or other institution designated by the School of Engineering.
- NOTE: Undergraduate applicants must have completed at least two full years of study in a bachelor’s degree program by the time the summer program begins.
- Strong record of academic performance.
- High level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79, or IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or equivalent (if the applicant is not a native English speaker or if English is not applicant’s first language).
- Interested in pursuing a PhD.
- Have not taken part in this program before.
Nationality: Students from around the world are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
3-5 weeks between June 26, 2017 and August 4, 2017.
(program start date and duration vary depending on laboratory.)
2. Number of participants
Maximum 20 students
3. Financial support
・Stipend: JPY 80,000 (fixed; amount independent of program length)
・Accommodation: off-campus accommodation
Applicants must apply for the program through the T-cens online
5. Application period
3:00 pm December 12, 2016 (JST) – 3:00 pm January 25, 2017
※JST・・・Japan Standard Time
For more details about the program and the application information, please see website.