13 Private Secondary Schools Made Government
More than 13 non-government secondary schools have been made government in Bangladesh. Ministry of Education has issued a notification on Tuesday the 09 October 2018. With these, the number of government secondary schools in the country stood at 612. In each Upazila, there are no government secondary schools and colleges, one is going to make secondary schools and colleges in one upazila.
- The government schools are –
- Naniarchar Model High School of Rangamati,
- Barkal Model High School,
- Khagrachari Guimara Model High School,
- TA Faruq School and College in Mongla of Bagerhat,
- Kaunia Mofazzal Model Model High School of Rangpur,
- Keshabpur Pilot Model Secondary School in Jessore,
- Hijler Solidarity Pilot Model Secondary School in Barisal,
- Khulna’s Koya Madinabad Model Secondary School,
- Batiya Jaghma Chakrakhali Secondary School in Daghata,
- Rana Pilot High School of Sharhankhola,
- Kalkini Pilot Model High School of Madaripur,
- Salta Model Secondary School in Faridpur and
- Manoharganj High School and College of Comilla.
According to the Ministry of Education’s notification, teachers of government schools will not be transferred elsewhere.
Earlier on 27th September, 25 private secondary schools were made government. Apart from this 24 September 43; 16 September 01, 14 May 44; 28 August 12, 7 May 12, 21 May 24 and 11 April 21 non-government secondary schools were made government.
It is to be noted that the government has started enrollment of government schools and colleges for the year 2016. According to the Prime Minister’s commitment, 325 private secondary schools will be made public all over the country. As part of this, the last Tuesday (9th October) 13 secondary schools were made public.