Study in Malaysia: Universities, Courses, Cost, Jobs and Visa Process
Study in Malaysia for International Students
Malaysia is now widely known not only as a Asian Country, but also as a developed country all over the world. Malaysia is considered as a model in the world on education, culture, science and technology. Malaysia has made an unprecedented improvement in recent years in the field of education and economy. There are numerous advanced high education institutions spread across Malaysia. Students from different countries of the world, especially South and Southeast Asian and African countries, travel to Malaysia to take higher education.
Popular Courses for Study in Malaysia for International Students
There are numerous courses are available in the higher educational institutions in Malaysia. Among them Engineering, Information Science and Technology, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Modern Language and Communication, Pharmaceutical Science, Business Administration, Health Science, Agriculture, Forestry, Business Management, All Science, Social Studies, Islamic Studies, Environmental Science and Design and Architecture are very much popular.
Students may enroll three year diploma courses after passing Secondary School Certificate or equivalent Examinations. These courses are includes Diploma in Business Administration, Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business Management, Hotel Management, Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Pharmacy, Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health, Diploma in Health Care, Diploma in Physiotherapy, Diploma in Environmental Health and Diploma in Medical Law Adventure Technology etc.
Universities in Malaysia
Among the public universities: University of Malaysia, University of Technology Malaysia, University of Putra Malaysia, University of Science Malaysia, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, University of Malaysia Kelantan, University of Queensland Malaysia, University Technology University, University Utara Malaysia, International Islamic Unit Malaysia’s University of Malaysia and Sarawak Malaysia
Private universities: Multimedia University, Nottingham University, KualaLumpur, Westminster International College, Limkokwing University of Creative Technology, Sunway University, International University of malaya Wales, Monash University, SEGI University
Education Qualifications Required for Study in Malaysia
1. 10th Grade Certificate, Diploma, Secondary School Certificate (SSC) / ‘O’ level / equivalent certificate for foundation program
2. Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / `A’ level or equivalent certificate for Bachelor programs. If somebody does not have IELTS, some universities are admitted in their own language courses.
Required Papers for Study in Malaysia
Appropriate Application Form; English transcript of all educational qualifications (mark sheets); School / College Leave Certificate; Result sheets of TOEFL or IELTS test; Photocopy of passport; Proof of application fee; Certificate of payment of security or personal bond fees; Certificate of payment of visa fees for Student Pass
Cost of Education for Higher Study in Malaysia
Tuition fees are almost the same in public and private universities in Malaysia. The foundation ranges from 7 thousand RM to 25 thousand RM. Bachelor can be up to 25 thousand RM per year. The postgraduate is similar to that.
The cost of living
Monthly expenditure for a foreign student in Malaysia is 500 to 600 RM. Currently.
Health insurance and EMGS Fee
Foreign students who are studying in Malaysia must have adequate health insurance. It is currently taken with EMGS fees in private university. Public university students are charged with tuition fees. The EMGS fee is one thousand RM, which is totally offensive. Types of EMGS fees vary from 500 to 850, Medical fees 250 RM, Icard fee 50 RM, Sticker fee 80-140 application process takes time to start. However, public universities do themselves without paying insurance and medical fees.
Job opportunities at Malaysia
A foreign student in Malaysia can apply for work permit after starting their full-time education. A student gets permission to work for a maximum of 20 hours a week on holidays or extra for a period of 7 days. It is not possible to earn the tuition fees or living expenses by working on the campus that can be earned. A student interested in working must have a student pass. In Malaysia, foreign students can work in restaurants, petrol pumps, mini markets and hotels. It is possible to earn from 300 to 750 USD monthly.
Malaysian Visa Application
For a student pass for the educational institutions, contact the Malaysian Embassy in your country. You have to apply for a visa in the process indicated by the embassy. However, visas will be issued from Malaysia.
Malaysian Student Visa Application Process
1. Visit respective university website
2. Select your desired program
3. Apply for the necessary information related to admission. They will provide all information related to application form, transcript and required documents from the admission office.
4. You have to apply for a student pass in higher education institutions.
5. Director, Pass and Permit Department will apply to the Immigration Headquarters in favor of you for permission of admission to your preferred educational institution.
6. Immigration authorities will notify the concerned educational institution within 1 month of the application.
7. You have to start preparing for at least 6 months in hand to collect all the necessary documents and information.
8. Application processing, student pass approval and visa issues etc. Everything is done from Malaysia.