Study in Canada Scholarships for International Students
Study in Canada Scholarships | Canada Scholarships for International Students
Program name: Study in Canada Scholarships
Funding organization: Global Affairs Canada
Target audience: Students at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels and post-secondary institutions in the following countries/territories: Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine
Duration of the award: four months or one academic term of study or research at the college, undergraduate or graduate (Master’s and PhD) levels or five to six months of study or research at the graduate (Master’s and PhD) level
Includes: Visa and/or study/work permit fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, ground transportation, books and supplies
Application period: January to March
Read: Top Universities in British Columbia | Best Universities in British Columbia, Canada
About the Study in Canada Scholarships for international students
Global Affairs Canada Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate and master’s degree students from a number of developing countries by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD). Bangladesh has also been included in these countries this year. There are only three countries in Asia — Bangladesh, Nepal, and Taiwan.
So if you are you a student from Bangladesh and interested in a short-term academic exchange in Canada? Then take a look at the revamped Study in Canada scholarship program. let us see the details of Study in Canada Scholarships:
Read: Top 5 Universities in Canada with Low Tuition Fees
Who can Apply for study in Canada scholarships
Anyone who is currently studying for an undergraduate or master’s degree at a university in Bangladesh can apply. Especially for those who are studying undergraduates. In addition to that, anyone studying theoretically Ph.D. in Bangladesh can also apply.
Read more about the following resources
- Top Universities in Croatia | Croatia University Rankings
- Best Business Schools in New York | Best MBA Programs in NYC
- Best Community Colleges in New York City | Top Ranked Community Colleges
- Top Medical Schools in New York City
Duration of this scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded for four months or one semester. This is a semester when you come to Canada and do coursework or research work at a specific university. All costs will be borne by the Government of Canada.
Read: List of Colleges and Universities in Canada for International Students
Benefits of this Scholarship
Those who are nominated for this scholarship will receive 10,200 Canadian dollars for 4 months. More than 6 lakh in Bangladeshi taka (1 Canadian dollar equals 66.93 taka). Totally tax-free! Masters students who come for six months of research will receive 12,700 Canadian dollars (about 8 lakh taka). Under the scholarship scheme, students will not have to pay any tuition fees to study in Canada for one semester.
So this money will be used to cover all the incidental expenses including visa fee, round trip air ticket, accommodation costs, and health insurance. That means the student does not have to spend a single taka. This is the financial advantage. And here in Canada, there is the experience of international networking, research with professors, and the experience of taking classes.
What documents are required
The following documents need to be uploaded online in PDF or image file format. Note that the size of each document should be less than five megabytes. Otherwise, you will not be able to upload online. Document list:
1. Proof of Citizenship: Passport / Birth Certificate.
2. Proof of Full-Time Enrollment: It has to be taken in letterhead from the departments of the respective universities.
3. Letter of Intent: Here the candidate has to write, like the motivation letter of the scholarship.
4. Netter of Support from the Home Institution: Mention the name of the candidate in the Departmental Head or Dean Institutional Letter
5. Letter of Invitation from the Canadian Supervisor: This is only for those who are studying for a Masters and want to come to the exchange program to do research in the lab with a Canadian professor.
Undergraduates who want to come for coursework do not need it. But undergraduate students who want to come and do research will need it again. One of the supervisors of that Canadian university, who will write in the institutional letterhead that he is willing to mentor you for four months, has to submit a certificate.
6. Signed Copy of Memorandum of Understanding (MOU): The applicant will inform the MoU format only after contacting the head of the university department or the dean of the university where the student wants to come to study. There will be the signatures of the Deans or Heads of the Departments of the two Universities and it will be stated that you are being sent to Canada in the Exchange Program as a student of that University from Bangladesh. For what purpose or what to do, there will be these writings. Some other important conditions must be mentioned, such as the waiver of the full tuition fee of that university while in Canada. All in all, the MoU is like a conditional agreement between Canada and your university with a mutual understanding.
Requirement of IELTS
Canadian universities have their own language requirements, which also vary by department. So DFATD has suggested contacting their respective Canadian universities in this regard. However, the University of Bangladesh issues a Medium of Instruction certificate, which states that you study in English, whether your Canadian varsity accepts it.
You can apply to the Canadian university
Any Canadian university affiliated with the Designated Learning Institute (DLI). To view the list of DLI universities, visit the official website of the Government of Canada at www.canada.ca.