IEB Accredited Universities for Civil Engineering Program
What is Civil Engineering Discipline?
Civil engineering is one of the most popular engineering discipline. Civil Engineering discipline deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment. A Civil Engineer generally works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines and railways sector in any country.
Who is Civil Engineer?
A civil engineer is someone who designs and supervises large construction projects, line: roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, water supply and sewage treatment systems. On the other hand, a Civil Engineer generally plan, design and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and infrastructure, such as roads, railways, airports, bridges, harbours, dams, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems.
Major Concentrations of Civil Engineering Discipline
- construction engineering,
- geotechnical engineering,
- structural engineering,
- land development,
- transportation engineering,
- hydraulic engineering, and
- environmental engineering.
Admission Requirements for Civil Engineering Degree
- Students must have a combined SSC + HSC (or equivalent) GPA of at least 5.00 out of 10.0 (with at least 2,50 out of 5.0 in SSC or equivalent) and at least 2,50 out of 5.0 in HSC or equivalent).
- For students with English medium background candidates with minimum GPA of 2.5 in five subjects in O level and two subjects in A level.
- For students with Diploma Engineering background, the minimum combined GPA requirement for SSC + Diploma is 5.0 out of 9.0.
- In addition, students must have Mathematics and Physics in HSC (or equivalent), and Chemistry in at least SSC or HSC (or equivalent).
Following Private Universities Achieved IEB Accreditation For Civil Engineering Program:
University of Asia Pacific (UAP), IEB Accredited
Stamford University Bangladesh, IEB Accredited
You may also visit Top Private Universities in Bangladesh for Civil Engineering
You may also visit IEB Accredited Universities in Bangladesh for EEE
You may also visit IEB Accredited Universities in Bangladesh for CSE Program